When I read the brilliant blogs of my friends, I get excited and think that maybe I could do that. It sounds like fun. It's sort of like Facebook, but fewer people would read it. I could post more pictures (smile) and not overwhelm anyone. I am really random most of the time. My immediate family is accustomed to it, but the rest of the world may not be.
Today was M's 13th birthday. We decided to try something new. Instead of opening all her gifts first thing in the morning, we let her open one every 30 minutes. C tried to object. SHE couldn't wait to see M's expression when she opened her gifts. We compromised and let M open C's gift first. M really enjoyed it and asked to do it again next birthday. With all the stuff I picked up for her at consignment sales lately, we kept her opening gifts until 3pm. Yes, I sometimes give my family used stuff for gifts. I know, it's cheap of me. My girls are quite used to it and don't seem to think anything is wrong with it, after all, it means more gifts for them because I spend less money for them.
Just in case you may be wondering, I got her a pair of silky polka dot Limited Too pajamas for $3.00. She adores silky pjs and is quite happy with them. I bought a white henley OP top with the tags still on it for $1.25.
I LOVE getting great deals on stuff.
One of my favorite websites is www.dealnews.com. They list several fantastic online deals everyday. One of which led me to buying M a lovely new winter jacket seen here http://store.delias.com/item.do?itemID=51811 for her birthday. Let's see, the retail was $89.50. It was on sale for $49.99. There was a coupon for free shipping on orders over $50 and another coupon code for $20 off any order of $75 or more. I added the scarf pictured with it, plus four other scarves, which got the total up above $75, which knocked it back down to $56 which is $3.41 LESS than if I had just bought the coat, or even the coat and one scarf. The other scarves will be Christmas gifts. So if you get a scarf from me for Christmas, you will know that I paid absolutely nothing for it!
Back to the birthday...
While we were watching a movie last night, I looked online for an idea for decorating the birthday cake. M has a tendency to want every cute thing she sees, without ever thinking of how difficult or expensive it would be for me. Sooooo, I didn't let her have any say in how I decorated her cake. I just promised she would like it. Since I had already baked the cakes I was limited. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I tried not to have to go buy anything for it, but I failed to check for red food coloring. I didn't end up going to the store, I just cut my finger over the bowl and welll-ah. Just kidding, I sent Phil.
I tried to post a picture of the girls pouring over the lyrics of a CD that Alex gave M for her birthday, but it isn't working. I've never heard of the guy (Jon McLaughlin) but it sounds pretty decent, what little I actually heard of it. I was really hoping he would hold out until Taylor Swifts new CD is released, but not because I like her music or anything. Okay, I'll admit it. I really like Taylor Swift's music, so does Phil. I'll try to convince her to save some of her birthday money to buy the CD. No, I am not above manipulating my children to get what I want. I know you think less of me now.
Well, since it is after 11PM, I must close. I just wanted to give a shout out to my mom who is attending her 50 year High School Reunion tonight. I think that is pretty awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment