Friday, December 31, 2010

What's Next?

I'm using my blog as a therapist this morning to work through some rejection issues.  If you have read my previous posts about my search for my biological grandfather, you know that I've been waiting to hear back from a potential aunt about the possibility of doing a DNA test to confirm or refute my hypothisis.  I sent a quick note to her husband through Facebook just before Christmas that said I wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas and that I hoped his wife would someday open her heart enough to talk with me.
I received a reply this morning.  It reads, " I was told my Nancy's brother Randy not to talk with you any more but I do hope you have a great 2011....Happy New Year".  Nancy is his wife, Randy and Nancy are my potential aunt and uncle, my father's half-siblings.  Oh yeah, Happy New Year - we don't care if we are related, we don't want anything to do with you.  I'm feeling pretty emotional right now.  It seemed all  pain of rejection I have ever faced in my life has come flooding back all at once.  I realize that they don't know me at all.  I tried my best to state my case and my reasons for searching them out and I did so with prayer.   I am praying for healing for my heart and for either confirmation or denial from the Spirit in regards to this family.  The only thought that came into my head is that it may not be for me to confirm or deny.  Perhaps it is for a future generation to solve.  I suppose I could proceed with the temple ordinances without scientific confirmation.  I have no other leads to follow.
Do I respond to his note?

1 comment:

  1. yeah respond and tell them to suck an egg, how bout them apples! In all seriousness you have to make the ultimate decision to respond and how. I'm sorry they've done that to you. You aren't asking much but confirmation of extended family, perhaps they think you'll want something more. I don't know. Cheer up and keep praying for answers they'll come and when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete